Friday, August 20, 2010

Vegan Cupcakes

I have a friend at work who became a vegan around the month of May. By vegan, I mean she does not eat anything that has come from an animal or has anything to do with an animal. I wanted to make her some cupcakes for her birthday, so I began searching and searching for recipes for vegan cupcakes. Oh I forgot to mention that she had requested "tiramisu" cupcakes!!!! So more searching and finally I found an easy enough recipe. I ventured out to Whole Foods, a grocery store I adore but can't really afford, and bought the necessary ingredients. I soon figured out I probably could have bought the same ingredients at our local Kroger, oh well I still love going in the store. Some different ingredients that went into the cupcakes were apple cidar vinegar and I used coconut oil instead of butter. I dug small holes out of the center of the cupcakes and pour the amaretto liqueur, espresso powder and vanilla mixture into each cupcake so it could soak in. The frosting also contained the amaretto liqueur and espresso powder. It was a little sweet but still very tasty. These cupcakes were delicious!!!! I might even start eating vegan.................NAH, Just Kidding, but they were really good!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment