Monday, July 26, 2010

Bow Cupcakes and Cookies

Last week was amazingly hetic and busy but I still managed to bake 5 dozen cupcakes, 2 dozen cookies, two cakes while working 60 hours and loved every minute of it. I have to admit I had no idea what a bow party was when my friend Ashley said she was having one. Nonetheless, Ashley asked if I would make the cupcakes and cookies for this party. Of course, I readily agreed to this task! By the way, a bow party is a party where little hair bows are on display for you to purchase :) These cupcakes took a while, but I wanted them to have a special bow theme. They are chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with a vanilla buttercream frosting. The bows are made out of fondant. I searched for a ribbon cookie cutter, but to my dismay never located one. So I made due with a round cookie cutter and free handed the bow. Here's a couple of pics:







No comments:

Post a Comment