Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Watermelon Cupcakes

I love summertime and to me watermelon just screams summertime! Stefanie had her "hoedown" wedding shower this weekend, after searching for "BBQ" theme cupcakes, Lindsey and I decided on the watermelon theme. However, the corn on the cob idea did come in a close second. These cupcakes are white cake tinted pink and the "watermelon seeds" are mini chocolate chips. I coated the chocolate chips in flour to make sure they didn't sink to the bottom. However, I read that as long as you don't use large chocolate chips they won't sink. The large chocolate chips are too heavy for the batter. The icing is my standard vanilla buttercream tinted green. Lindsey found the watermelon candies for me at Candy Craze in Franklin. I thought they were perfect because previous candies I had found were way too small.



3 comments:

  1. I loved these, they were so tasty and very cute!
    Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI, someone is using your photography over at Etsy.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/75931905/summer-perfection-delicious-juicy

    I've already reported the shop. Every picture in the shop is lifted from a blog. Just thought you might want to know.

    ReplyDelete