Friday, July 16, 2010

Nana's Strawberry Cream Cheese Cake

Once again, I was presented with a "first". I get a text from Ashley saying, "Hey can you make a sheet cake for my Nana's birthday." There was no way I was turning this opportunity down! Even though I had never done a sheet cake, I was determined to give it a try. However, I'm not going to lie, this challenge made me a little nervous. I immediately called upon my brother for his advice on how to get it iced perfectly. Then I started panicking thinking what in the world am I going to put on top of it. I started practicing different borders, flowers, etc. Finally I decided on this particular flower, using a paint brush to create the effect. Since this was my first sheet cake and I am still relatively new to decorating, I thought this flower would be easy enough and still look nice. My goal is to do more cakes, so I can continue to practice my decorating skills. But below you will see the final product of Nana's cake. I have to say for my first sheet cake I was proud of it. I promise to start taking better pictures of my work :)




No comments:

Post a Comment